Last day at Sekinai for this school year, but the only graduating sixth grader, Momoka, wasn't in class. I didn't see her or any of the fifth graders, actually. The teachers gave me a memory card and we took a bunch of pictures with the kids during and after the lesson, and the teachers took a picture together with me too. The adorable little lady teacher is very noticably pregnant now.
I left a little early, which was a bit of a drag (as I left, Ayumu was also leaving and the ear flaps on his cap looked exactly like floppy rabbit or dog ears, and he came bouncing out with such a grin I just died- oh, and before, in class, Aya(?) made cat ears of her hands and did a little "nyan" bounce that had me shamelessly squealing "kawaii". It just was. ), but Takekawa-san said she didn't want to go to the old Sekinaisho building alone because it gave her the creeps. It made me laugh that a grown woman with three daughters and four grandchildren would be afraid to go into a building alone. It did feel awfully abandoned though. I had a good time taking pictures, but the place just oozed with ghost story potential. I'm not even into the supernatural and it became overwhelmingly clear to me how Japanese people come up with such disturbing horror stories. There's just something about it. Mrs. Takekawa is really cute though. We talked in the car on the way home about American monsters and so on and I told her about not wanting to say Bloody Mary in front of a dark mirror when I was a teenager.
When we got back Akiko took me for a walk around the city hall. I felt a bit like a dog. But you can really see a long ways from the windows up there. I saw a new view of familiar places.
Hungry again, drat. So hungry today.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment