Went to bed early last night after a good shower, conbini bento, and catching up on the Daily Show. Had a salmon onigiri, an egg soaked in some kind of shoyuu given to me by Sakai sensei, some cheese, a mikan, and drinkable strawberry yogurt for breakfast.
Today the quiet and smart 6th grade girl and one of the genki 5th grade girls were playing piano while I waited in the principal's office, translating a bit of Ico. The song was driving me crazy since I thought I knew it, and when I snuck in to listen I realized it was the opening or ending to Lupin the 3rd. When I applauded them and asked they confirmed it, but they've never seen it themselves. One of the 6th grade girls with a sleepy face told me she's studying English at cram school and she didn't get it at all. She asked me how long I've grown my hair so I tried to tell her a story. I managed to get them to understand 1 year old = 1才 but then the bell rang. After 4th period I was able to tell her that when I was 1, I was bald, but my mother rubbed my head every day. And that when I was four or five my sister cut off one of my ponytails. The girls complimented my watch and I realized it really is rather expensive for not being waterproof. The boy who broke his foot told me the big 5th grader is good at baseball. Loud boy is good at either soccer or table tennis, I forget.
I asked the principal before I left to tell the children they can write me letters and I will respond to them. Didn't really make any preperations so I'm not sure how it'll go. But I don't go back to Ususho until Feb 18th, which seems too long a gap.
Finally got to chapter 2 of Ico. Have joined Goshujin's 1 drawing a day guild and have drawn 2 pictures each day for both days I've been part of it. Plan on buying some scratchboard and drawing Mr. Suzuki a picture tonight, if I can.
Fake PS-
I don't think I wrote this yesterday, but at Nishisho before I left for the day, one of the small 5th year boys ran up in front of me and was posed with his palms sort of out, so I mirrored him and we ended up playing that semi-sumo like game where you smack each other's palms and try to get the other person to fall over. It happened spontaneously and I said "see you" right after I won and ran down the stairs.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment