Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12.30.09

Yesterday night was a hard one. Sitting all day, trying to focus on polders and Sweden and writing the part of Kemonomichi I haven't planned to the hilt wore me out, but I was determined to make myself a sandwich and reply in the ABR. Things have gotten a bit complicated and apparently it's getting dramatic, so I figured I'd try to heal some of the tensions. I decided to do an especially long and motivated post because there was some really awesome stuff put up by other users. But it sure takes a lot out of me.
After I went through the trouble of making the chicken for my sandwich, I was so pooped I just ate some udon and anpan and was full, so I ended up putting the sandwich stuff in the fridge thinking I'd make lunch for today. Ended up not doing that since I remembered I'd said I'd go to lunch with Akiko, whose vacation started today. So anyway that was a bust.
I did get about three or four good hours of concentrating in though and nearly finished one page. I was just so braindead after. And then I ended up scouring the old posts looking for some proof that I had started to help the hospital (which, golly, it turns out I did). So then I was up a while more reminiscing about the old days and trying to lick clean a few wounds here and there.

Of course I was too pooped this morning and called in to ask for a few hours off. I slept straight through and ended up coming to work at 11. It's awesome I can do that but I know I can't continue to. Tomorrow's a vacation so I'm looking forward to pulling out all the stops. I wanna improve my comic making and the only way to do that is to really put in effort and try.

About lunch with Akiko. We went to misdo with Yayoi. I remember when I first met Akiko my initial reaction was distrust and apprehension. I remember because despite our rapport, I still felt the need to be a little careful with her until just recently. Now I think I understand. It seems I've been welcomed into the fold and there are no ill intentions. I don't think there were any from the start- it's simply a different kind of interaction that i was used to. But she really does try hard, and she knows how to work people. I can see why she was hired as the temp, whose job is often to be charming and a morale booster for the whole office. She's very good at playing just the right role. But beyond that, in her private life, she is also very kind and milder than I expected. I like spending time with her and Yayoi, despite knowing we exist in different worlds.
She'll be gone until the 30th of January, and I shall be looking forward to her return.

No comments:

Post a Comment