I spent Saturday evening with that nice lady whose name I can’t remember for anything and her family. We had delicious spaghetti, corn, and the first tomato I have ever enjoyed eating. We talked about old movies and television- back after the war was over, most television shows were imported from the US. I didn’t know that. Her husband was almost an expert on things I didn’t even know- Lassie and Steve McQueen and such. Her son was shy but tried speaking to me in English a few times. He collects mini cars.
Afterwards we had some goddamn delicious ice cream and then she let me try on an old Yukata of hers. Unfortunately I’m too big for it (I’m getting used to the idea that I am very, very fat here- but honestly I couldn’t care less, I know what is appropriate for my frame; I do need to cut back on the fried food and endless junky snacks that keep catching my eye, and getting a bit more exercise wouldn’t hurt, but I have no delusions of becoming “Japanese size”). She was so sweet about the whole thing though and I didn’t take any offense. She wants to get together again and talk about the change in policies since Obama’s been elected into office. God that woman is sharp.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment