Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8.27.09

This morning, waiting at the bus stop, I saw Mayu, who waved from her bicycle, wobbling dangerously near the cars, and later Aki's mother offered me a ride. I wonder what the lady waiting at the bus stop must have thought about such a social foreigner.

Only a half day at Mareppusho. The fifth year teacher uses the most english of any Elementary school teacher, comperable or even more so than the middle school teachers. It's wonderful. He's very accurate as well, only a few mistakes. That class is energetic and answers well. It's a small group- about 8 kids. The sixth year teacher is much less accurate but passionate. I think we're on different pages, though. There are far worse things to do, but he smiles a lot when he doesn't mean it. Because it was raining, one of the other teachers kindly lent me an umbrella when I left, despite my protests. He's the one with the Rilakkuma mug on his desk. At the bus stop one bus passed without stopping, freaking me out (I thought maybe because I was watching the seagulls and crows in the field next to the sea behind me the bus thought I didn't want a ride), but waiting a while another came and I was able to return.

Had lunch with Mayu at Misdo and talked a bit about Tokyo. She's very casual and fun. When I finally went to get my paycheck I saw her at city hall and she asked me, 何やってる? to which i whispered きゅうり. She looked at me odd and said 給料? "Oh... yeah... Kyuuryou. Kyuuri. Cucumber. Oh boy." I was laughing and said I was lucky to have bumped into her, to which she replied, "I shouldn't have told you that. I should have said nothing." That's Mayu for you. I called her a brat with as much affection as a person can express and we parted ways laughing.

Researching politics now, Japanese and American, so I can have some material for Yukino.

2 comments:

  1. Your encounter with Mayu reminds me of the time I asked one of my friends if he had skipped a class. But he just looked at me like I was crazy.

    Turns out I have called him a cactus.

    サボテン、サボる

    Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loled. xD


    One of my other gems lately has been messing up "Come and get me" with "get lost".
    きみえは私にまようしてくれます is just slightly wtf.

    ReplyDelete