After Tokyo I was beyond tired. I had hoped for the 10th, my birthday, to be a day of rest. It was shaping up to be. I had breakfast bought the night before and relaxed on my computer until about 11:30am.
It was when I felt sickeningly hungry and decided to fetch lunch that I noticed the flies around my cubboard.
I hadn't taken out my 生ゴミ for some time. For too long, actually. But I didn't know. I've never seen rotten garbage. For some reason I thought it would be fine to leave it a few more days- it didn't seem so bad when I left. I realized something was amiss when I saw all these little flies in my house. Normally I don't harbor resentment towards insects. They're small and pitiful. Their lives are short. Most can't actually hurt you. But for some reason I hated these things as soon as I saw them. I think it's a lizard-brain gag reflex to rot, developed by our ancestors thousands of years ago.
I will spare the disgusting details here. But it was disgusting. It was so disgusting. Even though I was at the point of too hungry when I found the disasterpiece of my slovenly bachelor lifestyle, from there I spent hours cleaning feverishly. All the dirty dishes that had been sitting there for weeks. Of course all of the trash and recycling. All of the dirty laundry. I scrubbed everything. As methodically as possible I slaughtered the children of my garbage. I was on a mission to do the floors too, but my body felt like it was falling apart. I barely finished the laundry and then finally fetched lunch, sometime around 6pm.
Finally, with sweet, sweet food, I gave myself a bit of a break and talked with Haisi. That little bastard turned 19 the day I left for Tokyo. I didn't realize he was a lion too. I complained and dumped most of my woes on poor Shadow, and honestly just talking about how lonely i'd been really helped. I felt a lot of my weariness lifting.
So I got a couple hours of talking and eating in before showering my filthy self and heading to bed. I checked facebook before sleeping and a lot of people wished me a happy birthday. It really was the best part of the whole day.
My birthday was spent trying to undo what my laziness did. And I still have more to clean. I was so tired and lonely. So it goes. I am an adult now I guess. :(
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I was in transit to home.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about how lonely you were but I completely understand.
I wish I could be there to help you. <3