I didn't have school today, instead stayed at the office and was able to relax and study. Everyone was concerned and kind when I came back, knowing little more than that I'd been catching a cold and left early. Mr. Itou was especially kind and I talked with him a while about Molly, showed him a picture. He said she looked happy and in general just had good things to say. He's a very gentle person.
For lunch today I bought a sandwich at the bakery nearby, some soy milk and cheesesticks from the grocery store, and wandered over to the park next to city hall. I've never been there before though I've passed it on bike heading to the post office. The trees are massive, and there is one in particular that looks positively ancient- all twisted and knotty and thick. There was a nice breeze today that made the leaves rustle pleasantly and patches of warm sunlight splashed across the green grass. I sat with my back to one of the big trees and drew a plan for a short but difficult Damario animation. It was peaceful and quiet. Big billowy white clouds hung off in the distance in just the shape I always draw them, though honestly I'd never seen clouds like that until coming here.
Everyone's in good spirits today. There's a nice kind of normalcy here. I like being in the office, I really do. I can focus and there are no great distractions. It's bright and I like having other people around, even if we don't talk.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment