Monday, October 19, 2009

10.19.09

It's always about the time that I have a royal bout of the poor mes coming on that someone ups and does about the nicest thing I can think of. Though I planned to be in bed no later than 10 to make up for my 2am spree that's been going on since Thursday, I was up until 1:30 tweaking and finishing the first essay that was due today (which was then in very real danger of not being sent since the email server was down, the internet went out at work, etc etc). My whole body is so sore, hips, legs, and stomach, my head's spent, and all I wanted was to sit in a nice warm soft place with something hot to eat, but I still had to ride around in the cold and dark on my bicycle to pay the bills. My throat is visibly turning a nice deep red and it feels it. Today was Datesho from 8:35 in the morning till 2:30 (though with the exception of one class which was crap, was actually awesome, and I think I am figuring out how to work with Megumi in the classroom and how useful another English speaker can be for demonstration- though I am kinda fed up with her pushing my boundaries on the personal life side of things; when I tell someone i'm busy or hint that I don't want to do something, even in America the common response was to back off, not to start interrogating me. That aside the kids are fabulous and I am, in my own bumbling and flawed way, discovering ways to take command and instigate real excitement and AHAH moments in the classroom- and I jumped rope 7 times). Tomorrow is Nagawachuu, which is always akin to mentally prepping myself to jump into ice water.

But amidst all this gripe, Kimie brought over the CD with our chorus songs on it, and, in her sweet way, a large container of Oden. She is so very thoughtful. I'm looking forward to seeing if my new Mice Club strategy will help make it more successful and lower some of her stress. She reminds me too much of my own mom. Taking care of everyone but herself and inadvertently turning into a mess. But in this moment of my own weepy self pity, her momly care was exactly what I needed.

Oh yeah, watched Zombieland yesterday, it was awesome, and Inglourious Basterds on Friday, and it was fantastic too. Watched Surrogates a couple weeks back and it was good. Want to see Avatar something fierce. I've watched the trailer like eight times now. Listening to Beethoven's symphonies, "Age of Aquarius" by the Mommas and the Poppas, and "Love is The Drug" by Roxy Music (it was playing in Bocca when I interviewed Naoko Saturday and I can't get it out of my head).

No comments:

Post a Comment