Happy New Year!
I've been at home the last few days and haven't bothered to update. It's been pretty slow- mostly just spending the time on Gaia, drawing up a storm, and generally wasting time at the expense of my stomach. The worst of it was the 3rd and 4th since I had planned to meet with Megumi the evening of the 4th, but found out rather late that she wouldn't be able to feed me. Trying to get food in time to go "discuss" religion with her sommore just didn't work out, so I called it off. I'd had the most amazing sandwich in the history of sandwiches earlier that day, but otherwise not a whole lot, and the night before had been onigiri after my trip to Sapporo with the Suzukis*.
So instead of going out to get food I just gaman'd and ended up staying up until 5:30am dicking around on zomg. I had such a headache and was so miserable. I woke up to a huge slough of snow falling off my roof, and even though I knew what the sound was, I couldn't stop my heart from racing painfully for a minute or so. I finally went out and bought a bunch of food and settled in to spend all of the 5th recovering. I'd actually thought I needed to be back at work on the 5th so I was especially miserable that night of the 4th!
Anyway settled in to take it easy and eat leisurely, found myself working on my media arts portfolio after all this time. Right when I was getting into it, Megan called me and so we ended up hanging out the rest of the evening. First we came back to my room and drew just a little bit, then watched some DBZ abridged. Around 5 we headed out for karaoke and sang and ate until around 8:30. She's not so organized so I figured she was gonna end up being later than she wanted to be and having to panic at the last minute. That's what happened but she got a ride home just fine on the bus. She seems to be that sort of person- things work out, but there's unneccessary drama caused by living in the moment. I figured if I just stay out of it, it works out well. Karaoke was a lot of fun even though I realized the kind of music I like is, and should not be, in a karaoke machine.
Went to sleep at a decent hour and have spent today cleaning up old emails to prep the move from using one email system to another. It's been interesting going back through stuff from my old job. I don't think I'm going back to it when I return. My thoughts about it are overwhelmingly of being stressed over it. But there are a lot of good things about the work, mostly just the cool people I got to work with. I dunno who'll be there when I get back. But I think it'll be smart to take work off for a year and just enjoy myself. It's been a real shock becoming an adult here. I feel old every day, like the bloom of my youth is already long gone. But when I look in the mirror, if I don't scrunch up my forehead, I really am still pretty young. I'm looking forward to going back and enjoying my youth again.
*See the "Avatar" post I'm gonna make ;D
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment