Monday, January 25, 2010

1.26.10

It might be bad but I'm kind of vaguely on my toes for a crash in mood since I've been feeling so bright lately. It usually happens that I have a brief sprint of everything is AWESOME and then a deep crash, followed by a long period of stability.
Today it's snowing to break the bank and I think the ocean wind is trying to eat the city. That's the part that scares me, is the wind. It is so cold it cuts through both of my coats and it sucks the air right out of my lungs. Sometimes when it blows so hard I can't even breathe. The pure white is beautiful, but when I can't look up from the wind, it becomes easy to get dizzy.

Other than that though, I am still feeling pretty good. I ate dinner with Mrs. Sakai last night and really enjoyed it. I didn't feel like skipping out early for some reason. We had a great dinner and I went home in high spirits. I had some stomach trouble (maybe the lack of substantial food all sunday topped with octopus did it) and ended up staying up awfully late listening to the new Decemberists album. One of my favorite singers, the gal from My Brightest Diamond, joined them for this album and good lord can she sing the house down. It was fascinating to hear the difference a powerhouse female vocalist had on their unique storytelling approach. Not that I ever disliked the female vocalist who's been with the Decemberists for ages, but she really just does not posess a strong voice. Sara on the other hand... Wow. She sang a cover of Crazy on You and the top of my head nearly blew right off. So in any case I ended up until 2am.

Predictably did not wake up on time. Far too comfortable (usually a sign that I am severely depleted of energy since the bed really isn't anything a body wants to lay on longer than neccessary). Didn't get called to ask if I was awake until 9:20. They're getting used to me. Tried to eat the leftover octopus and rice from last night and my stomach was just throwing a fit. I felt weak and gross. Got myself together and came to work at 11. Translated most of "Moon" by Yoko Kanno. Ate yakitori and my stomach is settling. Tomorrow I don't have Usu, so I'll have to plan an activity for next week's class in the free time I get.

Cautiously waiting for a sharp downswing in mood, but so far, aside from the weather and some stomach rumbles things seem ok. Gonna go see Sasaki from Datesho's sixth grade play Kendo tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment